Come Work With Us!
If you want to spend your time doing something you can believe in and have a passion for helping people see the beautiful natural places throughout the National Parks of the US and beyond, have a look at our open positions, our FAQ's page and if it all clicks, fill out an application and send it on over to us!
Bindlestiff Tour Guide
This is a demanding, exciting, challenging and rewarding position which requires people who have a passion for the outdoors both on and off the road.
We focus on delivering our guests a high level of area knowledge and guides are required to deliver in depth geology, history, flora & fauna commentary through headsets throughout the tour.
This is a driver/guide position with responsibilities including driving 7 passenger & 15 passenger vans depending on the group size. Multi-day tours require you to be comfortable towing a 5x8' cargo trailer.
Other responsibilities include handling group dynamics, food shopping and cooking, planning and problem solving on the road, maintaining outdoor equipment, accounting and paperwork pre- and post-tour and ensuring a safe and fun experience for all of our clients. You should have strong leadership and motivational skills, have a passion for the outdoors, be able to multi-task and possess exceptional people skills.
Due to insurance restrictions, all drivers must be at least 23 years of age.
First Aid and CPR certificate.
Must be able to pass a drug test and physical exam.
Must possess a clean driving record.
Class B Commercial Driver's license with Passenger Endorsement is preferred. However, those who possess a Nevada state issued driver's license or a driver's license that enables you to drive a 15 passenger vehicle, then no commercial driver license is required.
Compensation & Other Job Details:
Wages are per trip and can vary depending on experience as well as individual tour guide availability. Due to the fact that tipping and commissions are a known part of the industry, some of our experienced guides earn as much as $400 per day. Our base rates per day range from $145 to $200 per day, depending on industry experience and tour.
We offer a generous seasonal bonus package as well, including a 401K plan, which we can discuss in more detail during the interview process.
Our typical season is April through the end of October. However, winter work may be available for the right candidate.
We are looking for both full and part-time guides or guides that wish to be on call for ad hoc tours through the crunch season.
Assistant Operations Manager
The goals of an Assistant Operations Manager at Bindlestiff Tours will be to help develop and streamline our
policies and procedures. This will include the development of our hiring practices, as well as training and continued
management and support of our tour guides. As we expand, it is important that the Assistant Operations Manager
fosters a structured, yet caring and supportive environment for our guides.
This is a full time salaried position based in Las Vegas, NV
The nature of the travel industry demands strong customer service skills and complete guide support, which often
requires non-regular work days/hours. Flexibility is important, and the ability and willingness to step up to the plate,
assume ownership of a situation and cover for a teammate, or rescue a tour anywhere from Death Valley to Seattle
(hopefully not often!!) & beyond is needed for this role.
An Assistant Operations Manager will be responsible for performing and/or assisting with all duties related to the
smooth operation of our tours in support of Senior Management. This may include (but is not limited to) handling
customer complaints, guiding trips (in an emergency situation), office/guide area organization and van rescues.
An Assistant Operations Manager will be expected to behave professionally and responsibly, to complete tasks
efficiently and accurately within given timelines, and to accomplish daily job duties with minimal supervision, but
overall guidance from senior management. Detailed responsibilities are listed, but not limited to the below:
1. Facilitate with New Hires & Returning Leaders
1. Collaborate with office staff to make sure HR files and Driver’s Qualification files are complete
with all necessary copies of documentation
2. Ensure all Nevada and federally mandated documents are valid and up to date.
2. Training Oversight
1. Develop strong systems to ensure professional hiring practices, responsible, ongoing training and
thorough follow through of policies and procedures.
2. Ensure guides are equipped with proper supplies and equipment.
3. Work with the Fleet on administrative necessities
1. Electronic Log Documentation (ELD) training and auditing duties including documented follow
up with guides for counseling & corrections
2. Vehicle damage forms in files and follow up with disciplinary action as needed.
3. Ensure Fleet is aware of proper paperwork to include in vehicles, such as sufficient insurance and
all permits for sites visited.
4. Oversight of Staff Meetings - with support of senior staff.
a. Coordinate effective periodic guide meetings and follow-up procedures to ensure all guides have been
given most current information.
5. Assist owners/senior management with customer complaints, follow up, and refunds in a timely manner,
collaborating with office staff in this function.
6. Assist in creation of Job Descriptions and additional team member management as needed.
Permits, Commercial Use Authorization and Contracting
1. Permit Oversight - Acquisition and Renewal.
a. Supporting Senior Staff to ensure all necessary permits are acquired and valid at all times by ensuring
annual reporting & applications are filed timely and all van folders contain up-to-date packets with
pertinent paperwork including, the National Park Service, United States Forest Service, National
Recreation Areas, National Conservation Areas and other locations as needs arise.
Collaboration with Customer Service Representative (CSR) / Reservations Team
An Assistant Operations Manager is expected to communicate closely with the reservations team to ensure the
following duties are being carried out effectively:
1. CSR to double-check all reservations put into the system each workday and to:
1. Supervise the day-to-day use of the reservation system
2. Identify and correct any errors in reservations - Following up with an Ops Manager if there are
3. Monitor tour bookings and adjust capacity as bookings come in
4. Monitor payments due to be picked up, vendor bookings
5. Handle financials in reservations as needed including refunds, multiple activities, discounts etc.
6. Manage cancellations to ensure handled correctly
2. Monitor sold out tours and notify vendors when necessary
3. Handle donation requests and Gift Certificates
***** Please note - that the above responsibilities are mostly handled by the CSR Team, but are required to know how to do in case they need a hand*****
Assist with logistical management of private tours as they come in, and ensure guides and all other pertinent staff are
aware of customer needs.
1. An Assistant Operations Manager will be expected to support and learn how to handle all aspects involving
1. Custom product development - Work with all necessary staff to ensure each custom tour fits the needs of
the customer, while ensuring the tour fits cohesively within all operational and legal boundaries.
2. Supporting the CSR staff to professionally handle the needs of Charter Parties and Groups as they call in to
3. Support and ensure Charter Parties and Groups have absolutely amazing customer service given from the
first call they make, all the way through to the follow-up after their tour.
An Operations Manager with Bindlestiff Tours will from time to time be involved with strategic planning, new
product development and industry outreach, which may involve:
1. Participation in management meetings to explore and discuss expansion possibilities - with senior staff.
2. Participation in travel trade events to represent Bindlestiff Tours alongside marketing team and/or owners
as deemed necessary. Travel Paid for to travel
3. Involvement in creating or delegating social media outreach programs on various Bindlestiff Tours social
Assistant Operations Manager is inclusive of:
PTO - accrual
Health Insurance / Contribution
Paid Vacation, and Travel/ Work Perks
Industry Discounts - pro-deals on clothing & gear
Travel Discount - Domestically and Internationally with our partner brands
Base Salary Starting at 50k, commensurate experience
The Office Assistant Role requires the skill to tackle tasks immediately and to help keep the business organized and functioning smoothly in a fast paced environment with the ability to handle phone calls and emails to our guests with professionalism and enthusiasm.
First hand tourism industry knowledge is preferred but not necessarily required for this role. However, the ability and willingness to study our products and get to know our systems quickly is imperative.
Skills & Requirements:
A basic understanding of the Tourism Industry (Guiding background or previous office experience is preferred)
Professional demeanor with an ability to handle rapidly changing environments with apparent ease.
Technologically proficient in regard to computer software including Google products, Microsoft Word and Excel, and an ability to quickly learn back end booking management software.
A willingness to take the initiative to help create processes and procedures which make the operations of the business more streamlined and efficient.
Compensation & Other Job Details:
This is a full time, year round, hourly position based in our Las Vegas office. The compensation is dependent upon experience.
Will you be a good fit?
The positions listed above contain abbreviated job descriptions. If you feel like you have what it takes to fill one of our roles, submit an application and we'll reach out to qualified applicants to set up a phone call or video chat to further the conversation!